Association of Women in the Sciences STEM Award 2019 Application
Number and value of award/s
- 1 award of up to $9000
- OR up to 3 awards of $3000 each (to be determined by assessing panel)
- Membership to AWIS (Association for Women in the Sciences) for the remainder of the study programme.
Purpose of the award/s
The Association for Women in the Sciences (AWIS) STEM Award is for women who are enrolled in a *STEM-related programme of study, and who have completed at least one year of a New Zealand tertiary qualification at an undergraduate degree level (NZQA level 7),OR are studying at a post graduate level. The award may be given as one award or split into two or three (maximum) awards at the discretion of the NHWT:HK Specific Purpose Awards panel
The awards are a one off grant to help with study and/or living expenses during study.
*A STEM programme of study would be either in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics-related field.
To apply for this Specific Purpose Award you must meet all the following eligibility criteria:
- The applicant is a woman, who:
- Is enrolled in a NZ approved tertiary qualification
- Is studying at a degree level or higher (NZQA Level 7 or more)
- Is studying one or more STEM-related subjects
- Has completed at least one year of study in a STEM-related field
- Is a New Zealand citizen or holds a resident class visa, and lives in New Zealand
- Has not previously received a NHWT: HK Award
When selecting awardees, the selection panel will consider the following:
- Academic achievements and career plans
- Financial circumstances
- Personal circumstances
- Weighting will be given to those studying in a STEM-related field of study, where women are currently under-represented.
- Weighting will be given to applicants whose social identity is under-represented in their field of study.