Degree Study Awards Application
Purpose of the awards
Second-Chance Education Degree study Awards are for women who are engaging in tertiary education for the FIRST TIME, at a Degree level (NZQA level 7), and have not previously received a NHWT: HK Award.
The awards are a one off grant to help with study and/or living expenses.
Value of the awards
$3,000 to $4,000
Toi Ohomai are sponsoring 4 awards for women studying at Toi Ohomai and Waikato University. Waikato Graduate Women Educational Trust aslo sponsor an award, so there are 5 awards for Bay of Plenty and Waikato applicants.
To apply for a Degree Study Award you must meet all the following eligibility criteria:
The applicant is a woman, who:
- Does not already have a degree
- Is enrolled in a NZ approved tertiary qualification
- Is studying at a degree level (NZQA level 7)
- Has completed at least at least 30% or one full year (2 semesters) of the programme
- Is a New Zealand citizen or holds a resident class visa,
- Lives in New Zealand
- Has not previously received a NHWT:HK Award (at this level of study)
Selection criteria When selecting awardees, the selection panel consider the following: Academic achievements, financial circumstances, personal circumstances and experience ,use of funds, and ability to be a role model, especially for women.