Awards: One award of $5000
Open: 1 March to 14 April 2019
Awards advised: Mid-June 2019
Awards made: July and August 2019
Purpose of the award
The purpose of the Teupoko’ina Utanga Morgan Memorial Innovation Award is to advance Pacific early childhood education. Early childhood education refers to both informal and formal preschool teaching of young children by people outside the family or in settings outside the home.
The Award is provided by a donation from the trustees of the Anau Ako Pasifka Incorporated. It is for an established innovation in early childhood education that advances at least one of the following:
- programme management
- the learning environment
- interactions between pre-school children, their families and communities.
Preference will be given to innovations shown to be sustainable and of benefit to the wider Pacific community in New Zealand.
Before you apply please ensure you meet all the following eligibility criteria.
A woman or a group led by a woman, who are New Zealand citizens (or hold a resident class visa) and who:
- Are undertaking an innovation that advances Pacific early childcare education
- Identify as Pacific ethnicity (at least 70 % of a group must identify as Pacific ethnicity)
- Have the support of an early childhood service and/or Pacific community
Applicants may make multiple applications for the same innovation in subsequent years.
When selecting awardees, the selection panel considers the following:
- The relevance of the innovation to the purpose of the award
- Evidence of progress and sustainability
- Financial circumstances
- Experience of the applicant(s), particularly their ability to contribute to achieving the purpose of the innovation
- Benefit to the advancement of Pacific early childhood education and/or Pacific preschoolers in New Zealand
How to apply for an award
If you are eligible for this award please complete the online application form.