Awards: Eight (8) awards of $1,000
Open: 1 March to 15 April 2018
Awards advised: Mid-June 2018
Awards made: Mid-July to early August 2018
Purpose of the awards
Foundation Certificate and Diploma Studies Second-Chance Education Awards are for women who are engaging in tertiary education for the FIRST TIME, at either a Foundation Certificate level (NZQA level 3-4) or Diploma level (NZQA level 5-6), who do not already have a tertiary qualification at that level, and have not previously received a NHWT: Hine Kahukura Award.
The awards are a one off grant to help with study and/or living expenses.
To apply for a Foundation Certificate or Diploma Studies Second – Chance Education Award you must meet all the following eligibility criteria:
The applicant is a woman, who:
- Is enrolled in a NZ approved tertiary qualification
- Is studying for the FIRST TIME towards a Foundation Certificate NZQA (Levels 3-4,) that is at least one semester in duration
- OR, is studying for the FIRST TIME towards a Diploma of 1-2 years duration(NZQA levels 5-6)
- Does not already have a tertiary qualification at their proposed level of study
- Is a New Zealand citizen or holds a resident class visa, and lives in New Zealand
- Has not previously received a NHWT:HK Award
Selection criteria When selecting awardees, the selection panel will consider the following:
- Academic achievements
- Financial circumstances
- Use of funds
- Personal circumstances
- Evidence of ability as a role model
How to apply for an award
If you are eligible for this award please complete the online application form.