Awards: One award of $2700 plus expenses*
Open: 1 March to 14 April 2019
Awards advised: Mid-June 2019
Awards made: By arrangement from June 2019
The $2,700 Award covers the Outward Bound course fee, travel expenses to Anakiwa in the Marlborough Sounds and costs associated with completing a medical assessment for the successful applicant.
Purpose of the awards
The Outward Bound Discovery Course Award offers a personal development opportunity for a woman who is planning to return to education and /or training.
To apply for a 2019 eight (8) day Outward Bound Discovery Course Award you must meet all the following eligibility criteria:
The applicant is a woman, who:
- Is 27 years or over as at 14 April 2019
- Is available in 2018 to attend an 8 day Outward Bound Discovery Course
- Can confidently run 3km in under 25 minutes and complete a full day’s activity
- Is willing to go smokefree at Outward Bound if normally a smoker
- Is confident in water and comfortable putting head underwater
- Is willing to fully disclose all medical and criminal histories
- Has not previously received a NHWTHK Second-Chance Education Study Award or attended an Outward Bound Course
Note: The following link will give you a general idea about this particular course www.outwardbound.co.nz/courses/discovery/
Selection criteria When selecting awardees, the selection panel consider the following:
- Meets eligibility criteria
- Previous achievements
- Education and/or training plans
- Rationale for receiving the award
- Personal circumstances
How to apply for an award If you are eligible for this award please complete the online application form.